Everything is about Jesus. We believe the Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the One who will restore a broken world, and bring salvation to those far from God. This is the Good News.
We hold to the Apostles Creed as the beliefs that unite us to other believers and churches throughout history. We hold to the Westminster Confession of Faith as our expression of doctrines taught in the Holy Scriptures. Our Vision & Values are a practical expression of these beliefs and doctrines.
- We believe the Bible, the Old and New Testament, is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. It is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-18, 2 Peter 3:15-16)
- We believe in the timeless mystery of the Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Our three-in-one God is perfectly harmonious and perfectly whole. (Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe that all of us have broken God's law and are all sinners, unable to save ourselves from God’s displeasure, except if he moves towards us in His mercy. Our good works cannot restore our broken relationship with God. (Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith. Salvation comes through faith alone in the person and finished work of Christ alone. (Romans 3:24-26, Ephesians 1:4-8)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, the second Person of the Trinity, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation. He rose from the grave, ascended to heaven, and is now ruling and reigning at the right hand of the Father. He will visibly return to judge humanity and receive His people to Himself. (Luke 3:21-22, Hebrews 2:17, 2 Timothy 2:12, 4:1&8, 1 Peter 4:13, 2 Peter 1:11)
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises. (Luke 1:50, Acts 2:39)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit lives inside of us, giving us new spiritual life, strength to trust Christ and follow Him, gifting us to serve our church, and empowering us to speak the Gospel and love our neighbors in our city. (Luke 4:18-19, Romans 5:5, 8:11, Galatians 5:22-25, Ephesians 4:3-7)
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and receive His people to Himself. (Romans 8:23, 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, 2 Peter 2:9)
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of King Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:31, Jude 1:25)
- We believe in the local church and that all followers of Jesus should be committed to attending and participating in a church in their neighborhood. (Acts 2:42-47, Hebrews 10:24-25)
New City Fellowship is a mission church of the Presbyterian Church in America, a group of churches that exists to glorify God by extending the kingdom of Jesus Christ over all individual lives through all areas of society and in all nations and cultures.